Good Evening! I want to introduce myself and tell a little bit of my story. I will tell my story in greater detail with upcoming posts. It is turning out to be a very emotional story so I’ve decided to share in parts.
Part One: Who I am? My name is Jen and I am fueled by Jesus and Coffee. I am a wife to a great guy that has been in my life for 27 years this past October. That man has uncontrolled type 2 diabetes. I am a Mom of 3 beautiful children: ages 16, 11, and 4. I am also a Fur Mom to 2 dogs and 2 cats. Our family loves to camp and we can be at our happy place most every weekend starting April 1st to November 1st, rain or shine and a few times snow. I enjoy being outdoors and like to fish, swim, kayak, or just float out on the lake with family and friends. I am a music lover of all types…my radio goes from Christian Rock, Classic Rock, Pop, Rap, Country, Alternative and Classical (like Mozart). I play the trombone but not at the moment because I loaned a neighbor kid my trombone. The last thing that I want you to know is that I am a food addict. I use food much like a someone who uses Heroin or some other type of illegal drug. Instead of eating to live, I LIVE TO EAT.
My weight is the same as when I delivered my third child 4 years ago, 234 pounds. The husband, as I mentioned above, has uncontrolled type 2 diabetes. Something had to change and it changed quickly, about 3 weeks ago. I am going to share my “fat” picture below and will show you my progress in future posts.
The husband and I have decided to change our lifestyle. We have been using keto recipes, diabetic recipes, and I am counting calories. Jack has been craving stuff and is hungry all the time. I have not been craving as I have been down this road and have employed the tools I used way back when. I am measuring ingredients with measuring cups and spoons. I will be weighing my meat. If I drink milk or any kind of juice (which is usually low carb fruit juice), I measure out the serving. I am working on drinking 64 oz. of water daily. I am going back to yoga and hope to be able to do that 2 to 3 times per week. I am having Jack bring the treadmill upstairs where I can see it and hopefully make myself get walking.
Here is a recipe that I put together last week: Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
- Frozen Stir Fry Vegetables and Frozen Cauliflower Rice (used garlic and herb flavored). 1 bag each.
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast – 2 lbs.
- Canola Oil
- Lawry’s Teriyaki Marinade (2 bottles)
- Step 1: Cut chicken into strips and marinade the chicken breast overnight with the Teriyaki and put in the fridge.
- Step 2: To start cooking, add 1 tablespoon of canola oil and heat wok to medium/high heat.
- Step 3: Dump both bags of veggies into wok and cook 8 to 10 minutes. When cooked, pour into serving dish, keep warm.
- Step 4: Cook chicken in the wok. Bump up the heat a little. Cook until chicken is 170 degrees (Took about 10 minutes). Don’t over cook..chicken will dry out.
- Step 5: Pour chicken over the veggies and mix all together. Ready to serve.